Steve R. Romano's artistic talents began to bloom in his teens when he started painting
space scenes and drawing pictures of the futuristic vehicles he envisioned would fill the world one day.
As an adult, he progressed to the currently viewable full-color airbrush paintings of
fantasy worlds and lovely ladies that fill his art galleries.
To date, Steve has produced over one hundred original works of art, some of which decorate the
walls of overseas patrons. Of his many works, he is the most proud of a full-room mural he created for a children's hospital in San Dimas, California. The mural features a life-size
tree with a swing hanging from it, a bear, giraffe and other animals, all against a blue cloudy sky. When visiting the
hospital to see how it was received by the children, he was told an amusing story by one of the hospital staff.
One day the workers noticed that one of the toddlers who was playing in the room walked up to the mural's swing
and kept trying, over and over again without success, to climb into it. This brought a big round of laughter from the adults
supervising the children.
Steve and Heidi started Lunamont Signs after moving to their Montana
Ranch in the mid 2000's. He loves making hand-crafted signs and is grateful that he studied the techniques of hand painted signage in his early years, a
trade that has become a lost art with many companies now using
computer generated cut vinyl letters. He's proud that his wonderfully unique hand-painted letters last for many years, long after the vinyl letters of an
ordinary sign would have faded, peeled off, or disintegrated.
For recreation, he enjoys many outdoor activities including skiing, fishing, horseback riding, camping and hiking.
When they can, he and Heidi also attend renaissance faires and pirate festivals, and their adventures can be viewed on Heidi's website:
Privateer Dragons of the Caribbean.
In addition to his artistic talents, he is also a published author of a swashbuckling fantasy action adventure series of four books: Dreams of Betrayal.
Heidi Bosch Romano is the daughter of a fine artist/opera singer mother and technical illustrator/classical music buff father, a picture from a family photo
album shows her as a toddler in diapers with pencil in hand, drawing away. At age seven she could already capture the likeness of people she drew, and
by the time she was a teenager, she was especially known for her realistic eyes. She then moved to portraits and
eventually studied anatomy honing her skills by taking life drawing classes, in particular learning to draw realistic hands and feet, an area in which her teacher said most artists are weak.
A lover of ballet, Heidi's current works include a pose from the American Ballet's rendition of "Swan Lake," performed by
Russian dancers Barishnikov and Makarova, an impressionist painting of the Bolshoi Ballet, and a pencil drawing of dancers caught in an interesting mid-air pose by a wonderful photographer, Lois Greenfield.
Her other pieces include portraits of actors, jazz musicians, book illustrations, nature photography and her favorite: abstract art in vivid colors.
Her first experience creating art using a computer, moving its mouse across a simple mouse pad to make the digital brush strokes viewed on the screen, was with a program called Sketcher. Using Sketcher, she painted a portrait of one of her mother's favorite actors,
Tyrone Power. Since then she's mastered the many techniques needed to produce high quality fine art using Adobe Photoshop. Some of Heidi's favorites pieces are the portraits of old time
movie stars such as Grace Kelly, and more recent stars Charlize Theron,
and the ever popular Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.
One of Heidi's favorite hobbies is designing websites. Her ability grew out of a desire to feature Steve's fantasy airbrush
paintings and her own works online after a friend offered to make her a web site, but never followed
through. Since then, she's created many. Some of them are listed below including those showcasing Steve's sci-fi/fantasy novels.
- Dreams of Betrayal, featuring husband Steve's first in a series of sci-fi adventures which she co-illustrated and edited.
- Realm of Nightmares, another book by Steve, it continues where "Dreams of Betrayal" leaves off.
- Dreams of a King, the third in this sci-fi adventure series written by Steve.
- Reign of the Leech King, the finale to the "Dreams" series.
- Divine Circle Living, topics about obtaining optimum health.
- Our Path to God, about reaching spiritual enlightenment in the search for God. About love, friendship, prayer and the golden rule, it also includes the complete King James Old and New Testaments, a brief description of the major world religions, and links to many interesting books and websites on spirituality and religion.
- Privateer Dragons of the Caribbean, pirate history and trivia, with many photos of Steve and Heidi's pirate festival and renaissance faire adventures, plus a wealth of information for anyone interested in attending renaissance faires and pirate festivals.
- Rescue Centers, inspired by the love of her rescued shelter dog, Casey, this website provides links to rescue centers and shelters and related animal topics.
- Lunamont Web Design, website design plus matching business cards, web banners and store front signs.
- Lunamont Portraits, family and pet portraits, plus photo restoration.